Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lady Moonbeam Brownies

Chewey, Flaky, Chocolatey Love

I've been having so much fun taking care of my chickens.  They are beautiful and fun to watch.  I went out of town for a week, and while I was gone a miracle occurred.  My silkie chicken, Lady Moonbeam, began to lay eggs.  My family had saved them for me, three perfect eggs about half the size of a jumbo egg and a creamy color.  The first day I was home she laid me another.  I took those four eggs and made some crazy good brownies.  Here's my inspiration, smitten kitchen, I've used this recipe before and they were delicious.  For my recipe, I used all organic ingredients and encourage you to!

4 ounces dark chocolate
1/2 cup/1 stick butter
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 silkie eggs, or 2 jumbo eggs
1 cup Flour

I melted the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.  Off of the heat and before the chocolate had melted completely, I whisked in the sugar, salt and vanilla.  I then added the eggs, one at a time.  Finally I added the flour.  I poured this batter into a smallish pan line with parchment paper and baked for 18 minutes at 375.
These eggs are about half the sizeof jumbos, and a beautiful cream color

Fresh from the oven, organic goodness


My first half dozen home raised eggs, dark brown from my
copper maran, Madame Chocolate, a small creamies frommy silkie, Lady Moonbeam.

The sweet and productive Lady Moonbeam

No comments: