Friday, June 7, 2013

A Study of Napoleon Hill


I have a nasty habit of negative thinking.  I'll fall into a place of doubt and dissatisfaction that is frankly unproductive.  I had fallen into one of these laments a few weeks ago, and my husband began to repeat a request he had made of me before, to study the teachings of Napoleon Hill  For some reason this time I listened, perhaps it was due to my husband's own personal successes.  In the past I had not been open to listen to this man from another era.  But, in a moment of anxious desire, a moment that often occurs at a very early hour of the dawn when I might rather be sleeping, I found myself downloading the teachings of Napoleon Hill from the iTunes store.  I was able to get for free a copy of his book and for 99 cents an audio recording of the same name.  I have been reading and listening along to his lessons, and perhaps you might too, then we can have a discussion on his principles.  He seems like a historical figure in the current movement of The Secret and the law of positive attraction.  Basically, the belief in the power of your thoughts and the use of your thoughts to direct your future.  Napoleon Hill's axiom is "What the Mind can Conceive and Believe, it can Achieve."  Check it out, I will begin a discussion of his ideas here at Yogini Robin in the following days and weeks and hope you might join me so we can learn together!

No comments: