Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sunflower Seed Truffles


Searching for new recipes on pinterest I discovered a food blog that promotes other food blogs and discovered this great recipe for a peanut butter cookie.  It was a flourless recipe, but the batter was so dense, it didn't make sense to me, so I added some flour.  I also thought it looked sweet enough and skipped the rolling in sugar and spices.  I used sunflower seed butter, which has been our home's substitute for peamut butter for years now.  they sell ot at trader joes, and its delicious!  They turned out so dense and delicious I decided they deserved the beautiful distinction of truffle instead of cookie.

1 cup Sunflower Seed butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup flour
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Mix it all up, roll into balls and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.

No comments: