Sunday, November 3, 2013

Granola


Light, crunchy and tasty, this granola is divine!
I found this granola recipe and used it as my jump off point.  I had made fresh yogurt for the first time and wanted something special to eat with it.  It was easy and made my house smell great!  I choose what I had, so feel free to change this recipe to suit your needs and resources.  Combine the oats, nuts and cherries.  Stir together the oil, syrups and vanilla and then mix that into the oats.  Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and mix up then bake for another 15 minutes.

2 cups of oats
3/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup hazelnuts
1/4 cup candied pecans
1/2 cup dried cherries

1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how it looked before it was baked.

It was delicious served warm over fresh yogurt.


No comments: