Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Herb Salt

I've been listening to a new-to-me podcast lately, The Splendid Table.  I love it and am getting lots of great ideas.  I immediately jumped on an idea for herb flavored salt.  I'm throwing a little party in a few days and want to offer different artisanal food products for sale, like a mini farmers market, and this salt sounds like a perfect product!

1/2 cup Kosher Salt
3-4 cloves of garlic
1-2 cups of chopped herbs

Dice the garlic then begin to chop the salt into the garlic.  Next chop the herbs into your salt mix until a sandy consistency is achieved.  You can create all sorts of herb combinations.  I used fresh herbs from my mom's, my local farmer's, and my own garden.

Rosemary
Tarragon
Oregano
Sage
Lavender (just a little)

Photo to come...

No comments: