Sunday, September 22, 2013

Waffles are Easy!


I've been having so much fun with my Pizzelle Cookie Iron that I have become inspired to dust off my Waffle Iron.  I have the thinner, round form.  It's one of the many kitchen items that I have inherited in my husband's well-established kitchen.  I looked on-line for a recipe but made some substitutions and cut the quantities in half for a breakfast for two.

1 egg
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup horchata (rice milk)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Whisk together egg, sugar, and milks.  Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and whisk together the flour mixture and the egg mixture.  Bake in your waffle iron until golden brown and top with butter, jam, maple syrup, fresh fruit or even whip cream!

No comments: