Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Simplicity is Self Love

Making Time to Surf with my husband is one of life's indulgences!
It's Valentine's Day, and soon it will be my birthday, and I'm spending time this week, this month, taking care of myself.  It is easy to be a martyr, to sacrifice for others, to scrimp and save for a rainy day.  For a martyr, it seems inappropriate to spend money on yourself, spend time on yourself, to boost yourself up.  Sometimes we get away with offering ourself a treat if it hurts, exercise classes that make us sore, diets that leave us unsatisfied...It takes a certain amount of courage to accept some indulgence, some pampering, some quiet time to yourself.  I have budgeted some indulgence for myself recently.  I've already written about a yoga promotion I'm taking advantage of this month at Sol Yoga.  I'm loving my handful of classes there each week.  In addition I have become a bit of a turncoat to my profession and gotten a Massage Envy membership.  Now for about $100 a month I have unlimited yoga and a massage each month.  I've also been enjoying weekly acupuncture sessions these last two months, today's session was particularly blissful. The acupuncture is part of my entrepreneurial plan of barter, I receive healing and my practitioner enjoys the same, as well as lots of tea!  Now, its a sacrifice loving yourself, its about discernment.  I could spend my money on brazilian waxing, coloring my hair and nails, beautiful designer clothes, entertainment or other such pleasures, or I can choose to spend my money on organic food, massage, acupuncture, tea with a friend, and treats for my puppies.  This week I am making a special date with myself each day to love myself, to honor myself, and to boost myself up so that I have the inner strength and balance to be of service to others.

No comments: