Sunday, November 18, 2012

Layered Tortilla

I saw a photo for something like this, and thought it would be great for a party if much taller than I made and with more layers of different fillings like beans, guacamole and roasted chilies. But for just my husband and I, two layers of tortillas was more than enough, half was leftover.  I prepared three fillings, spinach, tomato and mushroom.

2 whole wheat tortillas
1 1/2 cups frozen spinach
1 1/2 cups mushrooms
2 cups tomatoes
2 shallots
3 cloves garlic
2 tabelspoons of Goat cheese
1/2 Avocado
Red Wine
Oregano
Butter
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

In a pot I heated a little oil and added the frozen spinach and cooked over low heat stirring occasionally until thawed.

In a small cast iron skillet I heated a little butter and added a diced shallot and after a few minutes added two diced cloves of garlic. Next I added about 6 chopped mushrooms and a dash of red wine and a teaspoon of dried oregano.  I sautéed for another few minutes and then set aside.

I the same oiled skillet I added a tabelspoon of olive oil and sautéed a diced clove of garlic and two cups of diced tomatoes for about 4 minutes then set aside.

I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and set my first tortilla in the center.  I spread the spinach evenly over this tortilla and placed the second tortilla on top.  I spread the tomatoes evenly over this tortilla and then sprinkled the mushrooms on top, the diced avocado, goat cheese, salt and pepper.  I baked this in the oven at 350* for about 15 minutes.



No comments: